13-year-old dies from brain-eating amoeba after vacation in Florida, family says »

0

The family of a teen boy says he died from a brain-eating amoeba after vacationing at a North Florida campground final month, native TV station WJXT reports. Tanner Lake Wall, 13, of Palatka, Florida, had been on the vacation spot, which additionally features a water park and lake, earlier than he abruptly fell in poor health days later, in response to his mother and father.

“He was just somebody you always wanted to be around,” Travis Wall, the boy’s father, mentioned. His mom mentioned the teenager was very lively and beloved the outside. Wall’s preliminary signs included nausea, vomiting, stiff neck and extreme complications.

Wall’s mother and father took him to a hospital in Gainesville, Florida, the place docs put the teenager on a ventilator and gave the family a grim prognosis. “They said, ‘He has a parasitic amoeba and there is no cure,’” his father advised the station. Wall was taken off life assist on August 2 after he confirmed no mind exercise.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here